Threatening the US, North Korea hints it Will Test Nuclear Weapons Again

Zikrul
By -
0
Threatening the US, North Korea hints it Will Test Nuclear Weapons Again


North Korea has signaled it will continue testing nuclear weapons and long-range ballistic missiles. This dangerous weapons test rhetoric comes as his hostilities with the United States grow increasingly fierce. The signal was conveyed by state media, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA), Thursday (20/1/2022), citing a high-ranking official from the Kim Jong-un regime.

The official said North Korea was preparing for a "long-term confrontation" with the US. Despite international sanctions, Pyongyang has carried out a series of weapons tests this year, including hypersonic missiles as leader Kim Jong-un pursues his goal of further strengthening the military.

Economically destabilized by international sanctions and a self-imposed coronavirus blockade, the impoverished nation has yet to respond to Washington's offer of negotiations.

Instead, Pyongyang has doubled down on weapons tests and vowed a stronger and more determined response to any attempt to contain it.

"A meeting of the politburo of the party's Central Committee gave instructions to the relevant sector to urgently examine the issue of restarting all activities that have been temporarily suspended," KCNA wrote in a possible reference to nuclear weapons and intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) tests.

"The hostile policies and military threats by the US have reached a danger line that can no longer be ignored," KCNA said.

Kim presided over a politburo meeting where officials presented reports analyzing conditions on the Korean peninsula and discussed orientations for future countermeasures against the US.

The potential resumption of nuclear and long-range ballistic missile tests comes at a difficult time in the region, where Kim Jong-un's only major ally, China, is set to host the Winter Olympics next month and South Korea is gearing up for presidential elections. in March.

The supreme leader in North Korea announced a self-imposed moratorium on nuclear and ICBM tests in 2018. However, he threatened to lift it after talks with then-president Donald Trump collapsed in 2019.

Kim and Jong-un also reiterated his commitment to military modernization in a key Korean Workers' Party address last month, without mentioning the United States.

Washington "attacked" Pyongyang with new sanctions last week, and North Korea responded with a series of missile tests, asserting its "legitimate right" to self-defense.

North Korea has also stepped up its anti-Washington rhetoric. "The US ruthlessly berated our country and committed the foolish act of taking over 20 independent sanctions measures," KCNA added.

The media said; "The Politburo unanimously agrees that North Korea should make more thorough preparations for a long-term confrontation with the US imperialists, as well as increase our physical strength to defend the rights and interests of the nation."

Earlier this week the United States called on the country to stop its unlawful and destabilizing activities.

The US special representative for North Korea, Sung Kim, expressed concern about the earlier missile launch. "Urgently urges Pyongyang to return to dialogue without preconditions," the State Department said.

Even as it flexes its military muscles, the impoverished nation is quietly restarting cross-border trade with China. A freight train from North Korea arrived at the Chinese border city of Dandong for the first time since early 2020 last weekend.


Subscribe Daily Post or Follow Google News to update information quickly, Thank you..!!

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Ok, Go it!) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn more
Ok, Go it!